Happiness

What is happiness to you? What makes you happy? I truly believe that everyone wants to be happy, but a lot of people do not know how to find happiness. You have to be happy with yourself to be happy with others and other living things. Being happy does not start with someone else making you feel good. If that person was to be removed from your journey; would you be able to be happy?

Start a challenge and find something new every week that makes you happy. It can be reading a book, going for a walk/run, hanging out with friends, taking on a new class. What ever it is find something that speaks to your soul. There is so much out there so do not feel like you are stuck. All it takes is putting one foot forward.

Another way to become happy is telling yourself you are happy because your mind is so powerful. The thoughts you give yourself will manifest. Such as if you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and tell yourself that you are happy; you will be happy. If you tell yourself that you will have a wonderful day, you will. BUT you have to truly believe in it. You cannot just say it and expect it to happen you have to believe it.

When you find your happiness do not stop at it, keep going. Keep exploring your happiness.

“Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”

June 22, 2017
Previous Post Next Post

10 Comments

• Reply Jennifer Lee Quattrucci

This is truly beautiful and SO true. It’s important to be able to find ways to grow and be at peace with yourself and to allow yourself the opportunities to enjoy life. I have definitely learned that the only way to truly be happy is to realize it’s all within me. We all have the power to accept or change the world around us. Thank you so much for this delightful post!

June 22, 2017 at 10:48 pm
  • Reply rakhshanda

It’s so important to stay happy & at peace <3 Love this post!!

Have a great weekend!

June 23, 2017 at 8:31 am
  • Reply Aimara

I couldn’t agree more. Some people can definitely contribute to our happiness but is not up to them to make us happy. We do need to learn how to be happy on our own, so we can be happy with others 🙂
    Beautiful post Alyssa! Thanks for sharing!
    XO
    Aimara

June 23, 2017 at 9:40 am
  • Reply Debbie Savage

I always need a helpful reminder! Thank you so much for sharing your heart and insight about this!
    xo Debbie | http://www.tothineownstylebetrue.com

June 23, 2017 at 11:52 pm
  • Reply VALE

Such a positive ode to happiness! I believe in the power of mind of making oneself happy, and as far as I’m concerned I’m happy thanks to my husband and daughter 🙂 Baci, Valeria – Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

June 25, 2017 at 11:31 am
  • Reply Rosita

Hey Alyssa! Loved this post and everything you wrote. I think it is so true. We are the only ones responsible for our happiness as it is a decision.

Love,
    Rosita Chávez

June 26, 2017 at 9:41 pm
  • Reply Kallie Flexman

This is a great post. It’s so nice to have a little reminder because we can get stuck in our daily grind and forget to take a few moments to really enjoy something for ourselves!

June 27, 2017 at 3:30 am
  • Reply Kirsten Wendlandt

Alyssa, this is soooo beautiful and so very true! You absolutely cannot rely on someone else to make you happy. You have to find the happiness within yourself. So many great thoughts and ideas to start people on the journey to find their own happiness. Thank you for sharing such a lovely post!

June 27, 2017 at 2:23 pm
  • Reply Thomas Falkenstedt

Happiness to me is hard to pinpoint in words, it’s a feeling I get from so many things. What makes me happy though is the fact that I am alive, as that could have turned out very differently a couple of years ago, so a simple answer to your question is that I’m happy that I’m alive every day when I wake up. 🙂
    xoxo
    Thomas

June 28, 2017 at 8:57 pm
  • Reply Candace

I couldn’t agree more with you! In my opinion, even waking up with a simple smile or smiling at someone else to make them smile can bring happiness. Happiness is definitely about the effort we put into it. I’m with Thomas, it’s quite a blessing to wake up every day. That in itself makes me happy 🙂

July 6, 2017 at 9:23 pm