Letter to my Dad

Hey, Blossoms! Today I am going to open up about a subject that gets me every time.

To be honest, the closest people to me know how much this subject hits that spot in my heart.

I wanted to write a letter to my Dad because today marks 14 years of his passing.

If you read my Birthday Post (here), you would know I turned 24 this year.

Yes, I lost my father when I was just 10 years old.

Dear Daddy,
I want to first start off by saying that what ever you went through in your life that made you become an Angel to all of us I forgive you. There are times when I walk past your photo I stop to say “why? why did you go? why did you leave us? couldn’t you have fought harder?” but I had to realize you are in a much better place. I know that where I am in my life today is because you helped guide me there, you became my guardian angel. I know growing up I longed to just to say “Daddy” and have you respond, but no voice was ever there. I remember when Uncle John asked me if I was jealous of Alysha I said yes because she has her mom and father with her at all times. I just wanted that. I craved that. Heck, I still do. I am so afraid of marriage because I do not want to lose your last name. I do not want that disconnection to stop me from being called a MOORE. Daddy, I asked Auntie that for my next birthday she turned all the tapes from my childhood into DVDs so I can hear your voice again, so I can watch you when I need a good laugh. I promise you, you are missed daily! Because of you, we are all who we are today, thank you.
Love Peanut!

September 14, 2017
Previous Post Next Post

12 Comments

• Reply Kimberly

You walk through life with so much strength because of him. He loves you and is so very proud of you! You have such a wonderful guardian angel who’s ALWAYS there with you – I love you <3 <3 <3

September 14, 2017 at 6:36 pm
  • Reply Simonetta Lein

Awww Alyssa dear, your words are so pure and sincere. He can definitely hear you and see you. I will keep you and your dad in my prayers 🙏🏻

September 14, 2017 at 9:24 pm
  • Reply Jennifer Lee Quattrucci

Dear Alyssa,
    I am truly so sorry that you lost your father and at such a very young age. I know he is looking down at you and so proud of the amazing young woman you are. You are so strong and so beautiful inside and out.

September 14, 2017 at 10:34 pm
  • Reply Victoria Hoang

My dear Alyssa, thank you for sharing this with us. The letter you wrote to your father was beautiful and I’m sure he could see this from above and it would give him a big smile. Xoxo ❤️

September 16, 2017 at 7:37 am
  • Reply Bernice

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss even after all these years. The loss of a loved one never goes away but to live in a way that honours them is a good way to pay tribute.

September 17, 2017 at 2:52 am
  • Reply http://www.linux.ca

Yօu know what Pastor Johansson informed uss on Sunday is that God really likes worship.
    Daddy added.

September 17, 2017 at 8:34 am
  • Reply Rachael Sia

This is so beautiful. I’m so sorry for your loss at such an early age but fret not as your dad is looking down at you and feeling so proud i’m sure
    xx
    Ray

September 17, 2017 at 5:01 pm
  • Reply Dom

Hello dear.
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am sorry you lost him at such an early age. You wrote a beautiful letter and I know your dad is looking down on you and so proud of you.
    Thank you for sharing your letter with us.
    God bless you,
    Dom

September 18, 2017 at 1:22 am
  • Reply Kamen Kamenov

Oh my gosh… that was so emotional… I am sure he is always near you and very very proud to be your dad, my darling. Reach for the stars and you will get them. Lots of love

September 18, 2017 at 11:54 am
  • Reply candi

Dear Alyssa, I’m so sorry you had to go through that at such a young age. This is truly touching and beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. Keep going, keep striving 🙂

xoxo

September 19, 2017 at 3:02 am
  • Reply Kallie

Girl I know the struggles that come along with loosing your dad! My dad passed almost 17 years ago and I still to this day miss him every day. It’s been so hard going through life and him missing out on my college graduation, getting married and most of my kids. But, you’re right, they’re always with us and guiding us along the way.

September 20, 2017 at 6:24 am
  • Reply VALE

Darling sweet Alyssa, you’ve gone through a lot at your young age! I’m sure your daddy is proud of you from above, because this letter shows you know what’s truly important in life. Big hugs of comfort sweet pea! Baci, Valeria – Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

September 24, 2017 at 7:39 pm